Sunday, September 11, 2016

Bringing it back to where it all began

Treadfest 2010 was where the obsession began. Fully geared in gym pants, a tank top, tennis shoes, a helmet that hardly covered my head and riding an old hybrid commuter bike, I raced in the Cat 3 division of the Wisconsin Off Road Series Race at Lake Geneva and my legs just about fell off. One and done, I was hooked. Plenty has changed and somethings stay the same. I live for slicing singletrack! Made dozens of friends, met the man of my dreams, found a couple helmets that fit, riding the cushiest speed machine out there aka The Niner Rocket and making the top spot on the podium. My legs still just about fell off. Today was a great day. Broken Spoke Teammates riding their hearts out, Ryan took 10th, Little Bit was 1st of the 12yr olds and My mom even made an appearance! Thanks to all the usual suspects Broken Spoke Cycling Funkier Bike USA Gary Smits WORS TREADFEST 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment